Greetings and welcome to the official website for FSM Department of Resources and Development.
On the President’s behalf, the Department of Resources and Development is responsible in supporting and managing the development of the nation’s economy and utilization of its natural resources in a sustainable manner while being in line with applicable provisions of the Nation’s Strategic Development Plan (SDP) in relations to economic development, resource management and conservation. The Department is also responsible for assisting/coordinating with the States of Chuuk, Kosrae, Pohnpei and Yap to develop their economies by focusing on the four priority sectors of Agriculture, Energy, Fisheries, and Tourism.
The Department has three Divisions to carry out its mandate: Division of Energy, Division of Resource Management and Development, and Division of Trade and Investment. Under the purview of the Department, these Divisions handle the following regulatory procedures for:
- Application for Permit to Import Plant/Plant Materials
- Application for Permit to Import Animals/Animal Products
- Application for Permit to Import Live Animals/Animal Products
The Department is designated to facilitate the following duties in the respective capacities:
National Focal Point:
- Convention on Biological Diversity
- International Animal Health Organization (OIE)
- International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD)
- Micronesia Trade Committee (MTC)
- Micronesia Challenge
- Micronesian Cruise Association (MCA)
- Pacific Asian Travel Association (PATA)
- Western Forestry Leadership Coalition (WFLC)/National Association of State Foresters (NASF)
- Food and Agriculture Organization to the United Nations (FAO South Pacific Tourism Organization (SPTO)
- Secretariat of the Pacific Community
- United Nation Development Program (UNDP)
We welcome you to learn more about our Department and its activities through this website. If you have questions/concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on our information menu option.
Thank you very much