- Micronesia Presidents’ Summit
- MTC Ministers Meeting
- MTC Officials Meeting
- Technical Working Groups
- MTC Interim Secretariat
1) Upgrading of the MOU establishing the MTC into a treaty
- Draft treaty developed and circulated and preliminary comments received;
- National consultations conducted in the FSM, RMI and Palau, January and March, 2014;
- Meeting of the Working Group scheduled for June 30-July1, 2014 in Palau
2) Micronesian trade agreement negotiations and establishment of a permanent Secretariat
- TAR to negotiate and implement a trade agreement prepared and submitted to USAID;
- MTC Aid for Trade matrix prepared and submitted in the context of the EPA negotiations;
- MTC interim financial arrangements: financial regulations developed, signed by Ministers and entered into force; and
- MTC bank account opened at the Bank of Guam.
3) Policy cooperation and coordination
- Follow-up activities carried out with SPC on the pest survey;
- exchange of information undertaken with respect to immigration policies of the three Countries; and
- collaborative work initiated with the Micronesian Association of Sustainable Aquaculture (MASA).
4) Ongoing trade negotiations involving MTC Member States
- Coordination of negotiating positions during EPA and PACER Plus negotiations round; and
- updates provided to the US Department of State on progress in EPA negotiations and prospects for the second round of consultations between the FAS and the US.
5) Awareness and sensitization during the following Conferences
- Conference on Small Island Developing States, London September 2012;
- Ministerial Conference on Regional Economic Cooperation and Integration in Asia and the Pacific, November-December 2013;
- Sub-Regional Consultations on the Development of Agreement establishing the Micronesian Association of Sustainable Aquaculture (MASA), May 2014; and
- 2014 FTMM in Tarawa, Kiribati.
1) Legal documents, Joint Communiqué, and Final Communiqué
– Joint Communiqué, 7th Micronesia Presidents’ Summit, September 2007
– Memorandum of July 3, 2008 establishing the Micronesian Trade Committee
– Final Communiqué, 12th Micronesia Presidents’ Summit, July 2012
– Financial Regulations
2) Outcomes documents
– Paper presented at the Conference on Small Island Developing States, London September 2012
– Paper presented at the Sub-Regional Consultations on the Development of Agreement establishing the Micronesian Association of Sustainable Aquaculture (MASA), May 2014.