The Division of Energy functions to perform the following:
- Work on an energy sector development for policy formulation;
- Explore potential areas and sources of renewable energy, including exploring potential assistance for the development of alternative energy sources;
- Increase efforts in the identification of potential indigenous sources of renewable energy;
- Strengthen coordination with the state governments on sustainable use of fuel energy; and,
- Work with regional and international counterparts to seek funding and technical assistance to support energy development research activities, and all other sustainable energy development programs.